Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad news for a Spartan Dawg
Hondo said on his radio show this summer that he predicted a complete blowout of the staff at Florida State.  Looks like Harlon may be the first to get hit.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...ve-analyst
I really felt it was going to be a good move for him towards getting a big time HC job and a big pay day. Unfortunately, it looks like his road to that has gotten much longer.
It just goes to show you that just because you are doing a good job today as a coordinator, it might not translate to the next step. It looks like Narduzzi is doing a good job as HC, but not awesome. Harlon could still rebound, maybe it's just not the right fit, or system. I hope he can dig his way out of this hole.
Oh man, that's a terrible look for Barnett.
Joe Polasek- Former Producer, Spartan Nation Radio
Lansing, MI
I have no sympathy for Barnett. He made a couple of comments about the MSU program after he went to FSU. One was something about
 how it was going to be nice to work with high level talent. The premise of how the FSU staff was hired is sick. If it were the other way
 around the media would have gone ballistic.

Jim Leavitt is a great coach who very well could become the next HC at FSU.
(09-12-2019, 01:38 PM)PoorRetailer21 Wrote: I have no sympathy for Barnett. He made a couple of comments about the MSU program after he went to FSU. One was something about
 how it was going to be nice to work with high level talent. The premise of how the FSU staff was hired is sick. If it were the other way
 around the media would have gone ballistic.

Jim Leavitt is a great coach who very well could become the next HC at FSU.

Harlon may have trapped himself into a DB coordinator position going forward for quite some time. I doubt we know the full story at FSU yet, but I bet he has learned the grass is not always greener, the hard way. Feel bad for Harlon, a great Spartan. I think his comments rubbed many the wrong way, but I also think it was a bit out of context to what he was trying to do, to energize his new team. He should have been a bit more respectful of his old team though, another learning lesson.
He will be fine...good man, good coach and has made big bucks at FSU....

Go State