Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources: Michigan's Beilein to take Cavs job
https://collegesportsmaven.io/michiganst...W8I-kPPDA/
Hondo S. Carpenter, Sr.  @HondoCarpenter
FREEP: Beilein to Cleveland

Oh my goodness...I never could have seen that coming.
Joe Polasek- Former Producer, Spartan Nation Radio
Lansing, MI
Thread title on Red Cedar Message Board:
Dan Gilbert, the Ultimate Spartan
Big Grin Tongue Smile Smile Smile
Take it as measure of respect for B_____, I am LOVING this news. Big Grin
Going to be 67, had heart by pass surgery, Cav's were 19-67 this year.....he must have wanted it bad.
(05-13-2019, 02:15 PM)PoorRetailer21 Wrote: Going to be 67, had heart by pass surgery, Cav's were 19-67 this year.....he must have wanted it bad.

The money must be good.  And it Is a 5 year deal.
Yeah, that Cleveland job is miserable. Good luck to him, but yikes, you'd think UM would do everything in their power to keep him.
I thought something was up, Mathews and Poole declare for NBA and get agents. brazdeckis declares for the NBA.  They had a really good team returning for 2019-20 and players leaving.  I think the main motivation for him leaving was his heart problems.  Big payday coming and security for his family.
I was surprised and I am sorry to see him leaving. He is a class act and a good coach. I wish him luck and good health.
(05-13-2019, 07:50 PM)coachg79 Wrote: I thought something was up, Mathews and Poole declare for NBA and get agents. brazdeckis declares for the NBA.  They had a really good team returning for 2019-20 and players leaving.  I think the main motivation for him leaving was his heart problems.  Big payday coming and security for his family.

I wonder if it was the other way around though.  He sees a bunch of guys who weren't ready declare for the NBA and he'd just had enough.  I wouldn't blame him, it has to be frustrating.
I think it's a mix, Ro. Certainly, College Basketball is a mess. It's harder the older you get because it's smarmy and there is no off season.

But he wanted to take a jump- so...Good on him. College basketball is worse off without Johnny B Goode stalking the sidelines.
Joe Polasek- Former Producer, Spartan Nation Radio
Lansing, MI