Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annual Green & White Football Spring Game Thread
5 hours 35 minutes.  No draft, O vs D.  What are you looking for?
Hondo S. Carpenter, Sr.  @HondoCarpenter
(04-13-2019, 12:25 PM)Hondo Wrote: 5 hours 35 minutes.  No draft, O vs D.  What are you looking for?

No injuries and a competent offense. Get both and I'll be thrilled
I will be watching, Gillison at TE, I believe next to QB this is the position of most important to develop on offense.  The returner at that position is Dotson who I thought was not a good blocking TE.  He was also suppose to be that TE with the best hands but seemed to drop too many when given the chance.

I will be watching the TBs to see who has the best vision.  Jefferson and Hayward are good down hill backs but we’re not able to make the needed cuts and avoid tacklers after crossing the LOS.

I will be watching the DL and see who may be the fourth DT.  Between Mallory, Slade, and Todd.  

I will be watching the boundary safety.  It appears Henderson will takeover from Willis.  I thought Willis.had a great year and his run support was tremendous.  Will Henderson or Long be as good.

Lastly, of course everyone will be interested in QB and the OL.  With the QB I will be looking to see is their mechanics when passing has improved.  With the OL, are they working together, their technique, and if they are more aggressive and not catching the defensive players.
Looks like there is as much interest in the football team this spring as there was in the fall...No one here
1st two series (MSU #1O vs #2 D)
1st offensive series 3 and out for MSU offense.
The 2nd offensive series TD pass from Lewerke to D Stewart.
7-3 Offense  3:59 1Q
Lewerke looked adequate against the second and third team defense. Lets see how Lombardi looks against number one D against the second team offense.

I wonder why they are not letting Rocky throw the ball? I sure wish they would call the same plays for Rocky as they do for Brian. Oh, they don't want a competition, that's why they don't call the same plays...Rocky's first throw, complete for 10 yards.
NEXT series
1st offensive series Lombardi 1/2 10 yds. Punt
2nd Offensive Series Lombardi Lombardi 0/2 3 and Out
7-6 Offense 10:00 2Q
Next Series
1st: Lombardi 3/5 (67 yds) 31 yd TD Lombardi to D Stewart (Stewart 2nd)
2nd:
5:41 2Q
O 14-6 Over D
Next Series
1st: Theo Day 0/2 3 and out
2nd series Theo Day 2/3 (21 yds)
1:44 2Q
O 14-9 Over D
Final 1st Half Series
Brian Lewerke 4/6 (39 yds) FG