Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT IS THIS, THE RCMB????
I'm talking about the football arguments.   Very little new has been said in the last month.  And this is devolving into the old RCMB argument, DE's vs. SB's.   "Demand Excellence" people vs. "Sunshine Blowers".   And yeah, both of those are slanted and Loaded labels.  The DE's want us to target National Championships, and demand excellence, because if we don't, we'll get what we expect.  The SB's say, Dantonio knows what he's doing, it's better than it's ever been, trust our staff. 

And they stand on the opposite banks of this argument and throw rocks at each other for MONTHS.  And no one can actually get a rock across the river, from either side because we all throw like Damon Dowdell.   So nothing gets resolved, and we'll have sophisticated versions of OH YEAH?  What About THIS???? 

I'm in Texas.  I have no one HERE to discuss MSU sports with except my son, who talks to me about twice a month about it.   So YOU'RE My Lifeline.  And my lifeline is getting slimy.  C'mon guys, we're better than this.   {aren't we???}

One more thing.  If you REALLY care about MSU Football and the staff changes, Read the following INITIAL POST in this thread on RCMB.   {Hondo, this even actually includes you}   I rarely link their threads, but this one is worthy of your time, and too long to copy/doesn't give credit to the author.  RPMadMSU has some Really, Really good points.  

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-s...127693321/

OK, i'll stop venting.  For now.  Sorry.   You guys aren't here, so I'll have to kick the soap box out from under myself....  Blush
That's an interesting perspective. Thanks for the link. 

I haven't said anything on the redistribution of duties. Obviously a lot of others have done plenty of discussing. Here are a couple quick thoughts:

- I'm certainly not going to give odds or anything, but this may work on some level. Salem may have provided the right sort of frustrated input privately to his HC during the recent debacle to earn himself a shot. Of course, we shall see.

- I understand and feel the frustration. It seems like almost a token response, trying to make repairs without using new parts. This offense wasn't just bad or inept. It was non-competitive. Especially in the second half of the season, that unit didn't realistically give the team a chance to win games against almost anyone. How is Rutgers a contested matchup for heaven's sake? If this isn't the time for a new hire, what is?

-Lastly, there's this. Imagine being given a leadership position, and 2 of the people assigned to work under you are people that formerly held your position, including the guy you just replaced. From the standpoint of general tendencies of human nature, I'm concerned.

Overall grade is of course incomplete, but scepticism is understandable.
(01-13-2019, 07:19 PM)jartan77 Wrote: I'm talking about the football arguments.   Very little new has been said in the last month.  And this is devolving into the old RCMB argument, DE's vs. SB's.   "Demand Excellence" people vs. "Sunshine Blowers".   And yeah, both of those are slanted and Loaded labels.  The DE's want us to target National Championships, and demand excellence, because if we don't, we'll get what we expect.  The SB's say, Dantonio knows what he's doing, it's better than it's ever been, trust our staff. 

And they stand on the opposite banks of this argument and throw rocks at each other for MONTHS.  And no one can actually get a rock across the river, from either side because we all throw like Damon Dowdell.   So nothing gets resolved, and we'll have sophisticated versions of OH YEAH?  What About THIS???? 

I'm in Texas.  I have no one HERE to discuss MSU sports with except my son, who talks to me about twice a month about it.   So YOU'RE My Lifeline.  And my lifeline is getting slimy.  C'mon guys, we're better than this.   {aren't we???}

One more thing.  If you REALLY care about MSU Football and the staff changes, Read the following INITIAL POST in this thread on RCMB.   {Hondo, this even actually includes you}   I rarely link their threads, but this one is worthy of your time, and too long to copy/doesn't give credit to the author.  RPMadMSU has some Really, Really good points.  

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-s...127693321/

OK, i'll stop venting.  For now.  Sorry.   You guys aren't here, so I'll have to kick the soap box out from under myself....  Blush
Thank you for posting.  And his points regarding the Nassar pall hanging over the MSU Athletic Dept. are correct.
I have seen several posts/articles refer to these moves as re-arranging deck chair on the Titanic... as the linked article explains it is more like putting the deck chair back where they belong. J77, thanks for providing this Aaron Rodgers' moment to the frenzied masses. FWIW, I love Spartan football too much to give up the season tickets and the tailgates!! I will be back to check out the re-arranged deck! Go Green.
My best analogy for the staff changes is this. It would be like the BOT showing up for their next meeting and they are told to shuffle where they sit. Brian, you move over there, Mitch, you move to the end of the table, George, sit on the other side, Joel, go down to the far left....there, we fixed the problem. No, it's still the same group with the same general mindset. New people bring fresh ideas. Occasional change is healthy not bad. It's why more and more folks are calling for term limits for congressional members. People get set in their ways.